Although there are certain regulations set by the government that regulate hospice care throughout the nation, as with any service, some hospices choose to go above and beyond. Hospice Alliance was a pioneer in providing hospice service to the greater Kenosha and Racine area when it was launched through a grassroots community effort nearly 35 years ago. We continue to innovate today with our patients and their families always at the forefront of what we do.
When choosing a hospice care provider, we suggest you ask the following questions to best understand the level of service that it provides.
- How long have you been providing care in this community?
- What makes you different from other hospices?
- How satisfied are your patients and their families?
- Is your staff trained in end-of-life care?
- Can you tell me about your volunteers and the role they serve?
- What makes your bereavement services different from other hospices?
- What professional affiliations does your hospice maintain?
- Can you tell me about your relationships with area hospitals?
- Do you have a local residential care facility?